Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"what makes my toenails twinkle....Poetry"

Dylan Thomas said: "Poetry is the rhythmic, inevitably narrative, movement from an overclothed blindness to a naked vision that depends in its intensity on the strength of the labour put into the creation of the poetry. My poetry is, or should be, useful to me for one reason: it is the record of my individual struggle from darkness towards some measure of light."

And he said, "Poetry is what makes me laugh or cry or yawn, what makes my toenails twinkle, what makes me want to do this or that or nothing."

These words ring true to me everyday of my life,it too, for me is what makes me laugh,cry, ponder,ask,answer,wonder,dazzles,beguiles,understands the churnings of my heart and soul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Desiderata