Monday, December 27, 2010

"ubuntu"



Words today from author,poet Chris Abani, from my inbox from the Writer's Almanac
Today the sun has reappeared in the very blue skies above, Such a good day.
to find ,see,discover,be "ubuntu"
he says that he does not at all believe in “the role of the poet as polemic educator.” He said, “If writers and poets have any role, it is this one: to not limit in any way the ability of their imagination to engage the world.” He said the difficulty he faces is how to “balance narratives that are wonderful with narratives of wounds and self-loathing . . . to balance the idea of our complete vulnerability with the complete notion of transformation or what is possible.”

Chris Abani said, “What I've come to learn is that the world is never saved in grand messianic gestures, but in the simple accumulation of gentle, soft, almost invisible acts of compassion, everyday acts of compassion. In South Africa they have a phrase called ubuntu. Ubuntu comes out of a philosophy that says, the only way for me to be human is for you to reflect my humanity back at me.”
Oh. the pic, I was at the Shedd Aquarium with a friend this weekend,we watched the Baby Beluga swim with its mom. My friend
has taught me much ....... "ubuntu"

And he said, "You know, you can steel your heart against any kind of trouble, any kind of horror. But the simple act of kindness from a complete stranger will unstitch you."

"unstiched' is about as good as it can get
"REFLECT" my humanity to you and yours to me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Desiderata