Friday, April 15, 2011

Why I practice Ashtanga Yoga...continued....revised..again ....for life

Today is grey ,rainy , cold....It is friday a primary series day,it had a good start,we practiced a led primary led by Sharath Jois,the grandson of Patabi Jois,rip, via webcam as Sharath taught in NYC today.It felt like a supportive community that we all are exploring a daily practice that somehow not only adds insight to our physical being ,but to our souls as well. Today's greyness gets me down, makes both my inner and outer layers feel sore.As I practiced today via the rhythm called out by Sharath's counting in the primary series, I was aware of a different kind of focus that was generated from outside of he calling out the breaths in the series.This ultimately created a rhythm that I could ride ,so to speak, so I was freer to move deeper inside of myself.Today , the room felt a little chilled,my body a little stiffer,I was aware as my muscles expanded and contracted places that energy got stuck, that scar tissue had hardened,albeit healed.I was aware of old injuries that healed imperfectly and new energetic pathway had been forged inside of me.I recently had a knee injury that made my practice feel tenuous. ,I was aware that it was healing, less tenuous, less perfect ,but moving ,breathing ,changing, moving forward.On the mat, I am acutely aware via the sensations in my body of the tangible infinitesimal glacial time like quality of change.During the acute part of an injury when I can not see past the immediate pain, I am blinded.Each time I arrive on my mat and the physical movement of my body is realized,I embody change, movement, the antedote to stagnation.We are enslaved in some ways to our physical beings,yet, we learn through our sensations.Yoga happens when our physical sensations lead us to discoveries that we are not conscious of in our physical beings.Yoga gives me hope that we are indeed spiritual beings ,in essence,we all have capacity for potential of quiet yet intense change if we give ourselves the chance to quietly see within ourselves and in others who, they too, intheir own path, in their own time deserve that inherent right as well.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Desiderata