Thursday, August 5, 2010

One Thousand Months


Recently I heard a philosophical discussion about "what is a good life", meaning what constitutes a well- lived life. The question was asked,what would you do with your life if you could design it with intention to live this "good" life, if you had only one thousand months ,plus or minus some, to live. Would you be or do differently if you had already used up more than half of the thousand allotted to you. I am thinking about this all the time now as we all go through life quickly using up the approximate thousand months. What is a good life, does our idea of goodness in life change, become more urgent to answer when we realize how so very brief one thousand months really is. I will have some time in nature over the next week or so. This will be on my mind as I climb some rugged terrain beneath my feet and in the rugged recesses of my heart and soul...... answers, actions of goodness for a life lived, a life well lived...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Desiderata