Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Yoga...listening to the singing of our body


This week,we are honored where I practice yoga to be taught in mysore every morning by the venerable ashtanga toga teacher,Lino Miele.The mysore room is infused with a sense of great solidity and grounding.There is a safe, contained aura that is shared amongst us.I am reading a book of collected poems by Philip Schulz this week. I came across this poem today. It reminded me of the experience of a grounded yoga practice, the feeling of moving deeply within myself , but at the same moment transcending to perceptions beyond the physical state of being more akin to the music of being...
Here is the poem,"The Music" by Philip Schultz

There is music in the spheres of the body.
I mean the pull of the sea in the blood
of the man alone on his porch watching
the stars wind bands of light around his body.
I mean the roll of the planet that is the rhythm
of his breath& the wilderness of his perception
that is the immensity of light flowering like stars
in the light of his eyes. I mean the singing in his body that is the world of the moment of his life.
Lord!

Sometimes on some days ,the practice of yoga, the teachings imparted to us showers us with gift of hearing the "singing of our body,the singing of the moments of our life"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Desiderata