Thursday, May 20, 2010

Does Yoga have anything to do with living?

Yes, of course,the answer should be simple, obvious , why else would we twist and bend and contort ourselves at 5 or 6 am in the morning, if not to improve upon ourselves, our lives ,or at least question the patterns that we sometimes blindly repeat.So this morning as I was getting into dwi pada ,and my right foot slowly started crawling,creeping ,wiggling over my left behind my head, I had this memory as a wee person learning to ride my bike without training wheels. Sometimes it would be for a second or two before I lost my balance , but gradually and also what seemed kind of suddenly after much practice and falling, one day, I began pedaling, gliding soaring on my own. This morning was reminiscent of the beginning of a simillar sensation arising in me as one foot curled around the other and for a few brief seconds I was balancing on my own. Yoga reminds me of how with practice, perseverance and dedication the challenges soften, but just as I think I have mastered something difficult,alas a new aspect of myself surfaces as I progress and the challeges renew , continue for me so I may question, reconfigure , to move beyond the comfort of what I thought I knew, but never really will....

1 comment:

Desiderata