Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Nasadiya Sukta-connecting us over time and space



from The Nasadiya Sukta in the Rigveda,A vedic creation hymn
Since I am becoming more honest with myself about the notion of being an agnostic theist, that is a believer who can not know, I thought this Vedic hymn on the subject reflected well on the commonality we share with humans that preceded us that did not live in a techno world, but in gazing at the star lit night and embracing the natural rhythms of life came to the same conclusions about the dualities in existence as me. Perhaps this is an egocentric pursuit to look for such commonality,but tonight on this fair breeze of an early summer eve my mind drifts. I think of the connection that transcends time and space that connects us over thousands of years and how very human we are with our ancient questions, not knowing ever that which is by nature unknowable and give honor to that part of our existence which leads to the motivation to seek out knowledge,passion,creativity,freedom...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Desiderata