Monday, July 5, 2010

The Mending of a Chasm


Dearest Readers, Today a good day, a generous day. My stories are not always bleak. There are days such as today that I am reassured that when we take the time, make the effort to connect with another human being, we indeed can and do lessen suffering. The other day , I spoke of a very forlorn mother who watched on in helplessness as her son was drifting off into an abyss of pain.I told of how I felt I was a river guide and the rapids were chewing us up, how I offered to row with all my might against the savage current and lend some courage and give some reprieve.
We somehow had configured a new strategy together against the raging waves of life as eventually the ripping of the current even tired of itself.Today, I visited with this mom and her son. There was greater ease, composure, hope, and a glimmer of joy, I could not have had a better day....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Desiderata