Sunday, January 3, 2010

Conscience


Conscience is an ability or a faculty that distinguishes whether one's actions are right or wrong. It can lead to feelings of remorse when a human does things that go against his/her moral values, and to feelings of rectitudeor integrity when actions conform to such norms.
                        This morning I am more reflective, I think about how this writing a blog helps me feel more connected to humanity,that perhaps others will read these words and say ahha, I share this concern, this struggle, this joy,that none of us are as alone in our thoughts as we imagine. I think of Dyrud this morning. I would ask him about the notion of a conscience, how it develops, why it develops, why some seem to have an active compassionate conscience and others not. In his sweet,wise,gentle way, he would  say, come , let us tend to the orchids,he would notice how the grey light of January quietly fell on these well cared for fragile flowers on a frigid winter day.He thoughtfully reflected on my serious queries of how one really develops a sense of right and wrong and in his gentle,unassuming way of being present with me in this little green house flooded with light,i learned and in that sacred memory continue to learn about what makes us human and how to make the best of that human-ness that we are. I practice yoga for that reason as well,because I learn about my humanity.

2 comments:

  1. that orchid is amazing! welcome to planet blog-o-sphere :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bindi ,namaste and thank you for your teachings
    as well,Om,Rhiannon

    ReplyDelete

Desiderata