Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Reflections of Trees in a River


My first assignment at photo school is called "reflections"-we are to go out and capture some quality/ies of the winter light as it reflects., from different vantage points.When I first thought about the project, my linear mind went,"where will I go to find these reflections, when , how etc...It also seemed that there were numerous opportunities, the notion of infinite opportunities did not cross my mind. So, I went out and took a walk along a hidden urban part of a river nearby and along the vast icy windy oceanic lake nearby. Once the emersion into the light falling ,reflecting through me began to happen, I felt amidst a  meteorite shower of infinite possibilities , light showering, dancing, sprinkling over every possible surface.I guess, if you allow yourself to look, the gift of seeing does follow...

1 comment:

Desiderata