Saturday, January 2, 2010

Kairos and Me

This is an introduction to my blog and me. I have chosen the word "kairos"-it is a word from the ancient Greeks from the time of Homeric epics. It connotes a moment in being, in experience, in presence and in time that possibilities, energies, muses, spirits, align in some inexplicable, unpredictable so what could not be or happen before suddenly is. These are the moments of rapture,love,compassion,revelry,those moments we want to take note of , appreciate ,indulge, luxuriate in and honor with gratitude. We do not know how or where or from whence these moments come to be,yet they are indelibly transfixed in our every breath. I dedicate this blog in loving memory and admiration to Jarl Dyrud, my mentor,guru and friend, for his wisdom, kindness, consideration, for the twinkle in his grey blue eyes, his lilting laugh,his radiant orchids and for all of the "dyrudisms" he shared with me on this journey to personhood. I welcome you, to celebrate the moments of our life. My pen name is "Rhiannon" , a gaelic goddess or queen. I love its lulling sound and it is close to my birth name.Welcome friends to KAIROS.....

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Emma!! Kol-a-kavod! What a lovely start to the New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhiannon says, namaste to you, Yaara, my child, my greatest gift,my teacher ;of how to be a person

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah how often I think of the carefully, lovingly tended blossoms of our dear dyrud, "for it takes love, you know".... how they thrived in the soil and nutrients he provide. How impossible it seems that soil could remain so vital long after the gardener has gone... but some gardeners plant seeds that flower again and again. I wonder why the orchids in my window bloom over and over and I think, I carry his gift. I recognize the same in these words and images. mozel-tov dear Rena!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my dear dr. moon-beam-christine, you , for sure carry dyrud's gift as it is evident in the seedlings of your wonder twin daughters that you nurture and tend to. i think one of the things i cherished most about dear dyrud was his quiet, mischievous playfulness. i remember sitting in his study on cold winter afternoons and feeling the clean clear sunlight reflect through the windows of his eyes. i remember laughter and tears .we are so lucky to have been honored by his presence and the gift that he chose to teach us and impart his wisdom, his compassion in our hearts and souls. it is now our responsibility to pass on those gifts to those around us as we have been given so much...

    ReplyDelete

Desiderata